Okay, this is a variation of this recipe. I just needed to make it yeast and sugar free, so here it is:
Grind in Thermomix speed 9 / 1 minute:
- 110g Basmati Rice
- 110g Brown Rice
Set aside for the minute.
Add and grind for another minute:
- 55g dry, uncooked chickpeas
adding in with 30 seconds to go:
- 55g almonds
Add and mix on speed 6 for 10 seconds:
- the ground rice from earlier
- 55g potato starch or cornflour
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1.5-2 tsp sea salt (2 tsp is a tad salty for us!)
- 2 tsp baking powder
Add and mix on speed 5-6 / 15 seconds:
- 350g warm water (heated to ‘blood temperature’)
- 1 tsp bicarb of soda added to 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs olive oil (or oil of choice)
- The batter should be the consistency of a light and fluffy cake batter.
- Spread over a pizza tray, then bake at 220deg or 210deg fan-forced for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread over some tomato paste or pesto (I use home-made tomato sauce), some vegetable toppings and bacon sautéed for 5 minutes or so on varoma setting / speed 1-2. Then add a melty or cream cheese on top – see Quirky Cooking’s dairy free alternatives to ‘real cheese’.
- Bake for another 10 minutes …
3 thoughts on “Pizza Base – Gluten Free, Yeast Free, Sugar Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free”
Mmmmm pizza!!! Yum!!
I will be giving this a go and will post at https://peacecrafting.wordpress.com/ if you would like to check it out and add another cool blog to your reader 😉 😁
I’m definitely trying your washing powder mix! Thanks for taking the time to pop by and show me your blog too!
Thanks. To keep up with my progress maybe you could hit the follow button 😊 blessings. Lucy