Pizza Base – Gluten Free, Yeast Free, Sugar Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free
Okay, this is a variation of this recipe. I just needed to make it yeast and sugar free, so here it is:
- 110g Basmati Rice
- 110g Brown Rice
Set aside for the minute.
Add and grind for another minute:
- 55g dry, uncooked chickpeas
adding in with 30 seconds to go:
- 55g almonds
Add and mix on speed 6 for 10 seconds:
- the ground rice from earlier
- 55g potato starch or cornflour
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1.5-2 tsp sea salt (2 tsp is a tad salty for us!)
- 2 tsp baking powder
Add and mix on speed 5-6 / 15 seconds:
- 350g warm water (heated to ‘blood temperature’)
- 1 tsp bicarb of soda added to 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs olive oil (or oil of choice)
- The batter should be the consistency of a light and fluffy cake batter.
- Spread over a pizza tray, then bake at 220deg or 210deg fan-forced for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread over some tomato paste or pesto (I use home-made tomato sauce), some vegetable toppings and bacon sautéed for 5 minutes or so on varoma setting / speed 1-2. Then add a melty or cream cheese on top – see Quirky Cooking’s dairy free alternatives to ‘real cheese’.
- Bake for another 10 minutes …