Gluten Free Peanut Butter Shortbread (or Cookies) with no added sugar
This is a great recipe for making some quick treats and using up some peanut butter almost ‘past its Thermomix making date’ . Alternatively, you could simply whizz some up for the occasion, which is what I did first, using this recipe! Make sure you’ve also got on hand: some Thermomix made butter (unless you’re dairy free) and gluten free flour, or quickly make some, setting aside in a Tupperware tub – you’ll only need 130g in this recipe, but it’s always good to have some ready to go for another recipe, I find! :-
Pre-heat oven to 170deg or 160deg f/f
First make some gluten free flour, if you haven’t already got some:
Weigh in and grind for 1 minute / speed 9
- 125g white rice
- 100g brown rice
- 25g chick peas
Add and blend for 10-15 seconds / speed 5-6, then set aside in a container:
- 125g cornflour / tapioca (if using tapioca pearls, grind after the rice and chick peas)
- 25g potato flour
- 3 tsp ground linseeds or xanthan gum
Weigh in and mill for 10-20 seconds / speed 9:
- 100g chopped, dried dates
- 100g sultanas (mine were very dry, so ground really well)
Add and mix for 30 seconds / speed 4:
- 130g gluten free flour blend – from the batch made earlier
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp salt (I use Himalayan)
- 120g butter or coconut oil – make sure it’s softened, otherwise you’ll end up with big globules of it in the mixture!
- 130g peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Make sure the mixture is well blended. Scrape down the sides and pop it on interval speed / knead for about 20 seconds.
I spread the dough in a baking tray and ‘scored’.
Otherwise, you can just drop lumps of the mixture, about the size of a prune, onto a greased baking tray or silicone mat. Flatten with a fork to create ridges.
Bake in your pre-heated oven for about 15 minutes.
Nom nom nom … make sure you grab one or two before the munchkins come along …