Choc Chunk Cookies
For this recipe, I’ve previously made my own butter first and popped into the freezer to harden up. On this occasion, however, I left 11 yo Miss Thermie to it and as we were strapped for time due to visitors popping over, I told her to use coconut oil instead. Hence, here we have a dairy free version…
Place into TM bowl and turbo a few times to make chunks* and set aside in another bowl:
- 100g dark chocolate (we use 85%)
* You may need to pick out any extra big chunks and re-turbo those pieces until smaller
Place into empty TM bowl, set dial to closed lid position and press the turbo button twice for 1 second each. Pour into bowl with choc chunks:
- 50g nuts of choice (we used almonds)
Place into bowl and mill on speed 9 / 20 seconds:
- 100g dried chopped dates
Add and blend together on speed 6 / 20 seconds, scrape down the sides and blend again at speed 3, if necessary:
- 125g cold butter, cubed (or coconut oil for dairy free)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Add and whizz up on speed 4 / 10 seconds:
- 2 bananas
- 1 tsp ground linseeds (flaxseed)
Add and mix in on speed 5 / 10 seconds. Scrape down the sides and mix for 30 seconds / interval speed:
- 200g gluten free flour – see here or here or use your own combo or a commercial pre-made version
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
Add and mix on reverse / speed 1-2 / 10 seconds, using the spatula to aid mixing:
- Choc chunks and nuts mix
Form into small balls on the baking sheets, then push down with a fork to make a biscuit shape.
Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes until golden, then indulge!
Fabulous job, Miss Thermie!