Pink Panther Pancakes
Having received some organic ingredients that I’d won from Abel and Cole, (and thank you again to all of those who voted for my bicci pic), I immediately set about making some pink pancakes with the luscious beetroot that was part of my package.
Result: a lush, shocking pink (and tasty) batter, culminating into some light and fluffy gluten free/dairy free pancakes, just in time for morning tea in the sunshine!
- 140g buckwheat / brown rice / or preferred grain or grain alternative
Add and grind for another 30 seconds / speed 9:
- 20g raw almonds (or raw cashews)
* Scrape down lid and sides of bowl *
Add and mix 10 seconds / speed 5-6, then set aside for the moment:
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp bicarb soda
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
Add and chop 3 seconds / speed 7:
- 70g raw beetroot
Add and blend 1 minute / speed 9:
- buckwheat flour mix
- 180g apple juice (organic, if poss)
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 20g oil
- 1 large egg – if allergic or for a vegan alternative, leave out, or as an egg replacement, try soaking 1 Tbs chia seeds in 3 Tbs water for 5 minutes or until the mixture has ‘gelled’…
Use a ladle to scoop out the mixture and cook the pancakes in a little olive or coconut oil in a fry-pan.