Blackberry Crumble – gluten free, dairy free, no added sugar
Well, after our 3.5kg haul of blackberries on the weekend, it seemed only apt to kick off with a crumble. As Mr MaMT is only allowed berries and no other fruit at the moment, his couldn’t include the obligatory apple filling – just blackberries – and the crumble topping was subtly sweetened only by goji berries. Meanwhile, the rest of us had apple and blackberry crumble, sweetened with dates, though personally, I preferred the sugarless blackberry and goji option, but that’s just me. #sugarfreeseptember
Fill TM bowl with:
- 500g of water
Place into the Varoma dish, set in place on top of the bowl and then steam 5-10 mins / varoma / speed 1:
- a few big handfuls of blackberries (for apple version, use 5-6 sliced sweet apples and steam for 15 minutes – add some berries for the last 5 minutes of steaming, if you like)
Once softened/cooked, pour into a pyrex dish and set aside.
Pre-heat oven to 190 degs / 180 degs fan-forced.
Wash and dry the bowl.
Add to the clean bowl and whizz up 10 seconds / speed 9, then set aside for the moment:
- 60g goji berries (if you’re not concerned with fructose, use 60g chopped dates or rapadura etc)
Add to the bowl and melt for 30 seconds / 60 degs / speed 4:
- 60g coconut oil
Mix for 1 min / speed 4 until crumbly:
- 100g gluten free flour
- 1 tsp GF baking powder
- 30g desiccated/shredded coconut
- 60g milled goji berries (or other sweetener of choice)
- Spread the crumble topping over the blackberries.
- Cook in the oven at 190 degs or 180 degs ff, for 10 mins or so, or until browned on top.
- Serve with your favourite GF/DF custard or ice cream, or simply cashew cream http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com.au/2010/07/cashew-cream.html – leave out the dates for sugar free!