This is an easy wrap to whizz up in the Thermomix and fry up in a good fry-pan. (I use a Le Creuset omelette pan and love it).
Inspired by a chapati recipe that I’ve converted to Tmx, here it is:
Weigh in and grind for 2 minutes / speed 9:
- 150g dry chickpeas (Note: I need to try with just chickpea flour – I think the quantity of flour may vary to actual chickpeas)
Add and mix for 20 seconds / speed 3, then set to closed lid position and knead for 2 mins:
- 20g arrowroot
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 85g water
- I find it easier to release the blade to scoop and scrape the dough out of the bowl.
- Form into a ball on a silicone mat or cling wrap and then divide into 6-8 golf-ball sized balls.
- Pop into the fridge for 15 minutes or so to rest.
- Once the dough has rested, take one ball and flatten to a disc on a workbench dusted with extra chickpea flour or GF cornflour – whatever you have on hand!
- Roll out nice and thinly to a 15cm circle.
- Repeat with the rest of the dough balls.
- Pre-heat your pan whilst you’re rolling out the last one.
- Pop your first wrap into the pan and let it sit for 45-90 seconds until there are bubbles forming on the surface, then flip over. Be careful not to leave too long, otherwise you’ll end up with a hardened wrap!
It’s a tasty wrap for chilli con carne etc or as a chapati with your favourite curry!
One thought on “Gluten Free Chickpea Wraps/Chapatis”