Gluten Free and Dairy Free Brekkie Cookies – Naturally Sweetened
These are almost like a smoothie in a cookie .. with some gluten free flour and oil added! Can be enjoyed for brekkie or as a snack with a cuppa …
I usually make up a batch of Gluten Free Flour first and save some for other uses, but if you don’t want to do this, just go straight to the recipe further down:
Mill 1 minute / speed 9
170g brown rice + 80g buckwheat
Add and mill for 20 seconds / speed 9:
2 tsp linseeds
Add and blend 15-20 seconds / speed 5
140 g cornflour
- Set aside in a tupperware container, as you’ll only need a third of this flour for the actual recipe – I find it’s always good to have a reserve of GF flour for other purposes!
Now for the biccis …
Preheat oven to 180˚C
Have your flour ready – if you didn’t want to pre-make a batch of flour, as above, mill for 1 min / speed 9:
55g brown rice
3/4 tsp linseeds (alternatively, use 1/2 tsp xanthan gum in the next step)
Add and blend 10-15 seconds / speed 5-6:
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
A pinch of sea salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Set this flour mixture aside for the moment
Add to the empty TM bowl and mill 10-20 seconds / speed 9:
100 g chopped dates
Zest of 1 lemon or orange – optional
Add and chop for 15 seconds / speed 7:
1 large carrot or 2 medium-sized carrots
Add to the bowl and set to interval speed and knead for 20-30 seconds:
the gluten free flour mix
150 g buckwheat or rice or quinoa flakes
100 g chopped nuts or seeds
100 g sultanas or other dried fruit
100 g coconut oil (or olive oil)
2 tbsp maple syrup or agave syrup – optional
- The ‘dough’ should be a little oily and you should be able to scoop out and roll into small balls. Place on an oiled baking sheet or silicone mat and then press into rounds using a fork. Tidy up the edges.
- I made about 35 from this batch – you could always freeze half of the mix for another day!
- Bake for 20 mins, or until just starting to set and taking on a golden tinge.
- They’ll store for a week in an airtight container – if they last that long!